Share my world...and the things that inspire/bewilder me.

2/8/11

Banksy - Exit Through The Gift Shop (Documentary)

Banksy, Banksy, Banksy...where do I begin?

For those of you who've never heard of this amazing street artist, I suggest you GET FAMILIAR.

Bansky has been using walls all over the London area to express his political views for years and recently crossed the pond for exhibits in New York and Los Angeles, as well as putting up pieces in New Orleans during the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and many other random locations.

This film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2010, was shown in select theaters nationwide, and is now up for an Oscar Award for "Best Documentary".

The picture on the right of my blog is a Bansky piece but to see more of his work, check out his book "Wall and Piece" or visit his website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment