Share my world...and the things that inspire/bewilder me.

2/10/11

Chuck Close

Chuck Close is an innovative artist whose work resembles a sort of new-age pointillism. He emerged in the 70's as a photorealist and his mediums range from water color on canvas to tapestries, stamp pads, and even material that resembles egg cartons.

Below you'll find an example of his work along with a video showcasing some of his other pieces. It's almost as if he sees things in pixels! The second video (after the jump) is from a gallery opening. Skip to 05:04 to see some of the tapestries.

This is his self portrait:

This is a close-up of the rim of the glasses in the portait shown above:





1 comment:

  1. wow I really love this. I don't think I have been this excited about a paintings.

    ReplyDelete