Share my world...and the things that inspire/bewilder me.

2/16/11

Les Nubians

"Feelings or emotions are the universal language and are to be honored" ~ Judith Wright

This morning's commute included Les Nubians "Princesses Nubiennes" blasting through my speakers and, even though my 3 years of French in High School only amount to me understanding a handful of words, the emotions expressed need no translation.


Les Nubians are a grammy nominated group of French songstresses who I first heard on Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek's track "Love Language" (which skips on EVERY "Train on Thought" cd I've owned).

After hearing them sing the hook, I immediately searched for their other work and have been a fan ever since.

The video below features "Love Language" and I included the translated Chorus afterwards. I've also included their Top 10 single "Makeda" so you can get a feel for their music.



(Chorus):
L'amour n'a pas de, frontiere (Love has no boundaries)
Restes car je t'aime comme tu es (Stay because I love you as you are)
J'ai traverse l'ocean du verbe (I crossed an ocean of words)
Et je t'ai trouve (And I found you)



Please click here to check out their official site.

They'll be performing at The Francophonie 2011 Cultural Festival in Washington DC on 3/17/11. Purchase advance tickets here

No comments:

Post a Comment