Share my world...and the things that inspire/bewilder me.

2/19/11

Santigold-L.E.S. Artistes


Santigold (formerly Santogold) is one of those artists that might make you raise an eyebrow the 1st time you hear her music or see her perform but no one can deny the unique artistry that drives her.

Skimming through old cd's in my car made me stumble across this track (which was my unofficial "theme song" for quite some time).

The visual might be a little awkward to those unfamiliar to her performing style so I've included the 1st verse and chorus after the jump to give you a jist of the song.



Think you've never heard Santigold before?

Listen to the first line of this song...does it sound familiar? (Someone sampled it last year and turned it into an anthem)



Listen here for the sampled song:




L.E.S. Artistes

1st Verse:
What I'm searching for
to tell it straight, I'm trying to build a wall
Walking by myself
down avenues that reek of time to kill
If you see me keep going
be a pass by waver
Build me up, bring me down
just leave me out you name dropper
Stop trying to catch my eye
I see you good you forced faker
Just make it easy
You're my enemy you fast talker

Chorus:
I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
If I could stand up mean for all the things that I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment